Monday, 22 June 2015
Academic IELTS Essay Questions of 2015 (January to June)
Academic IELTS Essay Questions of 2015 (January to June)
(These questions will give you an idea about the nature of questions you can expect in IELTS exams in the near future. Please practice and analyse these questions patiently.)
1. Many people believe that international tourism has negative implications on their countries. What are the reasons for it? What can be done to change the negative attitude towards international tourism?
2. People prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced ones. Why do you think this happens? Should the government support local film makers financially?
3. Modern technology has a great impact on our environment. Some say that people should adopt a simple lifestyle to solve this problem, while others argue that the technology itself should provide a solution. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. Some people think that governments should invest more in public services instead of wasting money on arts such as music and paintings. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people say that having many TV channels is good, while others argue that it reduces the quality of programs. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Some people believe that the radio is the best way to get news, while others believe that TV is better for this purpose. Discus both views and give your opinion.
7. Some people believe that students should be allowed to evaluate and criticise their teachers to improve the quality of education. Others think this is disrespectful to teachers. Discuss both views, give your opinion and include relevant examples.
8. Nowadays in some countries the numbers of children aged 15 and younger are increasing. What are the current and future effects of ever increasing population?
9. Some people think that teenagers who commit crimes should be treated the same way as adult criminals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. All around the globe every year many animal species become extinct. However, some people feel that governments should be concerned more with solving the problems of human life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
11. Some people say the most important thing about being rich is that it gives you the opportunity to give back to the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
12. Nowadays more and more older people compete with younger people for the same jobs. What can be the reason for this? What would you suggest as a solution?
13. Some teachers tend to reward students with high academic results. Others, however, support and reward students that improved their grades. Discuss both approaches. Give your opinion and provide examples.
14. Internet contains a lot of information, however, sometimes this information is inaccurate or wrong. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
15. Some people think that excessive use of mobile phones and computers badly affects teenagers’ writing and reading skills. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give your opinion.
16. Some people think that children should learn to obey and do as parents and teachers say. Others think that this kind of upbringing will not prepare our children for real life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
17. Some people believe that history is very important and we must study the past to understand the present. Others say that it has little or no use at all. Discuss both views, give your opinion and support it with relevant examples.
18. Some people consider sport to be their carrier and role in the society. For others it is mostly a workout to keep fit. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
19. Sometimes celebrities get invited to international aid events. Do you think that such events deviate from their main purpose by inviting famous people?
20. Some parents think that childcare centres provide the best services for children of pre-school age. Other working parents think that family members such as grandparents will be better carers for their kids. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
21. Some people say that public libraries should be free, otherwise they are just a waste of money, especially because modern technologies and the internet allow easy access to resources. Discuss and give your point of view.
22. A recent study showed that both developed and developing countries prosper because of the economic growth. People from developing countries are happier than before while people from developed countries are not as happy as they were in the past. Why is this happening? How can this situation be improved? Give your opinion including relevant examples and your own experience.
23. Some people believe that the government should pay for and offer housing to people who lost their homes or cannot afford them. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion. Use specific reasons and examples to support it.
24. In many countries there are people with extremely high income. Some say it is good for the country, while others claim that governments should limit salaries. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
25. Some people believe that the use of mobile phones in public is as annoying as smoking and should be banned, similarly to smoking. Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
26. Some people say that noise made by people should be strictly controlled while others say they should be free to make noise without limitation. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
27. Some people say that mobile phones should be banned in public places such as libraries, shops and public transport. Do you agree or disagree?
28. Many people think that too much attention and resources are given to protection of wild animals and birds. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
29. Some people think that children should have some classes outside their schools, visiting local companies or public enterprises for some real life experience. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion.
30. Museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists, not the local people. Why is this so? What could be done to encourage more local visitors? Please include relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
31. Most leaders or directors generally belong to an older age group, but some people believe that young leaders are better. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.
32. Some people think that the government should fund music, dance and arts lessons for children. Others think that they should be funded by private businesses or by children’s families. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
33. Nowadays scientists and tourists can travel to remote natural environments such as the South Pole. What are the advantages and the disadvantages of this development?
34. Some schools agree that fast food restaurants and supermarkets can promote their products in school and that schools benefit from it. Is it a positive or a negative development?
35. Some people are reducing their walks, however many health experts say that walking is the best exercise to maintain health. Why do people walk less? What might encourage people to walk longer distances?
36. Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples.
37. Many people think that the government should spend money to explore life in the outer space, while others think that it’s a waste of public money. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples.